Frank Palmieri's Daily Ramblings

A collection of my daily thoughts and ramblings.

Options pricing and black-scholes book came in. It's not as good as I thought it would be. The format is meh, and it's almost overly basic. Pretty much exactly what I'm learning in my corporate finance class as far as volatility and std. deviation goes. I'll keep reading through it though. Still waiting on the Excel book.

Anyway I'd really like to take a minute to talk about fiscal stimulus...

It seems evident to me that republicans have dove off the deep end. And Paul Krugman agrees in his Blog post - The Crazy 36.

It's a shame really, that the party lines are being towed, and even State Governors are following suit by rejecting funds. It's political grandstanding, considering it would only be a 20% increase in funds already provided by the government. But I suppose being politically savvy means doing things at the expense of your constituency in order to take some sort of "moral high ground."

Brad DeLong makes a compelling argument and reasoning for why fiscal stimulus will work. I highly recommend reading his and Paul Krugman's blog, as well as Matthew Yglesias, and Econbrowser.

That's all for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment