Frank Palmieri's Daily Ramblings

A collection of my daily thoughts and ramblings.

Apr 10, 2009

w00t, Got a job!

Finally got a co-op job! To top it off, it was by far the best position and company I applied for. It fit perfectly with what I'm looking to do in the future. It really is amazing when you have an interview and get a call back in the same day.

This summer/fall, I'll be working for R.F. Lafferty, a Brokerage Firm that caters mostly to institutional and retail investors. They also recently started doing market-making, and specialize in options strategies/trading. My job, as described, it pretty open ended. I imagine I'll be getting coffee and doughnuts every now and then (maybe everyday, haha) but you gotta pay your dues to get anywhere in life, and this certainly isn't like starting in the mail room. I'm sure that I'll learn a lot and I'm really excited to get started.

I had been pretty depressed over the whole job search for a while. The economy is terrible right now, as anyone knows, and I thought I might have to work at Gorton's Seafood or Binds-To-Go. While these aren't bad jobs, they weren't what I wanted to do. Getting this job was huge.

Still have 5 weeks in Germany as well, haha. Leaving May 1st. I'll be back June 5th. After that I have an entire month to relax, and then I start my job at Lafferty.

1 comments:

S.Dietz said...

Best of luck

Post a Comment